Sunday, June 27, 2010

May I brag a little?

I don't have any new artwork to publish this week, I've been busy doing some other Very Important Things, so I thought I would take the opportunity to brag a little bit. The artwork above is my daughter's work. She was chosen by her art teacher to be among a few handfuls of artists out of her whole school to display her artwork in a restaurant in downtown Glen Ellyn, called Bells and Whistles Snackery. I am so proud of her. Congratulations to my little artist! 

This is her second public showing of her artwork - at the beginning of the school year she was chosen to display her artwork at the district office public meeting room. I'm hoping that it will eventually get back to me because my house sorely needs quality artwork on the walls!

12 comments:

  1. Lisa, what an exciting opportunity for your daughter! I, too, hope you can hang this beautiful piece in your home soon. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at that shading to make the shape of the vase!! You should be proud!! Great job and isn't she lucky to have a mom who understands and appreciates her talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell her I am SO proud of her. She definately takes after her mommy!! Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work C! It would look perfect in my blue and white kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratualtions and what a great experience for your daughter. Love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats. What a great piece. It is so exciting to have your kid's work on display. My daughter's elective in Jr High was taught by an educator at the Craft Museum in our town and she displayed all of their work in the museum. It was really exciting to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I think she deserves a huge round of applause and lots of recognition. It's quite important to be acknowledged for fine work at an early age!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a talented young artist you have! Lovely work, and I'm enjoying browsing you site from the blog hop! Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a short note to ask you to visit my blog, when time allows; there is a surprise waiting for you there, ;). Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You must be so proud of her Lisa! very talented just like her mommy!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to your daughter. Do try to get back the artwork. I made a cow when I was in grade school and the district took it and never gave it back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations celia!! you ROCK!!! ;) and to your momma who rocks at teaching you!! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful for every single comment you leave. Thank you for hearing me.