Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Simple Pleasure #100

 
Click on Video to see the Explosion

 
Simple Pleasure #100

Cattail Reed
Squeezing
Bursting
with energy
 thousands of seeds
Exploding
Spreading 
Life. 

I don't know about you, but I LOVE this time of year, marsh grasses and reeds are drying up and forming grungy little seed pods (that I love to photograph!) 
Late Summertime

The cattails are practically bursting with their fluffy seeds. I like to occasionally help them along. It's such a simple little pleasure to give them a squeeze and feel the release of energy and watch them explode like one of those Fourth of July Snake bombs. Who knew that THAT many fluffy seeds could possible be compacted into a dried up cattail reed? 

Fly, be free! 

3 comments:

  1. That is the coolest thing ever! We are off to busse woods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen one of those go to seed before. very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably have Janet... they look like regular old cattails, until you squeeze them! Then they burst and make a mess and send seeds everywhere. If they are very ripe, I suppose an animal could touch it and make it explode as well. It's just cool. Wait until about November and start looking :-)

      Delete

I am so grateful for every single comment you leave. Thank you for hearing me.